The Long-Awaited Chronicles of the Tough & Busty

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You look real mature, like 27...

This woman hit me with a towel because she asked for a "hand towel" and out of our selection of washcloths and bath towels I opted to give her the washcloth. She also found me incompetent because we didn't have douche.

I worked two shifts, tried to sleep, got up and went to my local Target. There I was persusing the discount shower curtains, lamenting the fact they had no $3.00 ones like I found a few months back (Note: $3 shower curtains tend to leak their colors when wet). A man was wandering through the aisles wailing. Of course he spotted me. Said he needed help. He was depressed. Was I qualified?, he asked. I said, "I'm not the target counselor." He said he needed advice. What kind I said. Good advice. Good advice about what? Life decisions. (Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm not sure the clearance shower curtain aisle at Target is the place for life decision advice)
Well, I don't think he needed my advice. Because then he wanted to know where I stayed and if I dated black guys (as he was). Are you serious with your boyfried? Are you faithful (nice try). He asked how old I was because I looked really mature, like 27. Eventually he tried to match a shower curtain to my (white) bathroom and took off.
Note to guys - crying about your depression to strangers in Target should not be used in conjunction with pick up lines.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger cupcake said…

    You totally should have gone out with him! I wouldn't tell Rich!

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Hi Kim. You've earned yourself a medal for tolerance. And maturity, of course, just on looks alone.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Mr Anigans said…

    hey when did you start dropping thoughts here again?





    oh.....aug 15....

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger glomgold said…

    Well yeah, because we've just now learned that it's an ineffective pickup method!
    It wasn't the curtains section, it was the linens area, but someone in the vicinity of my brother and me at his local Target let out the most foul smelling fart known to man or beast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home